With the new school year looking vastly different than years past, The Chapel would like to support students and families in a new way. We will operate a school-age drop-in full day program to students enrolled with their home district in Kindergarten through 6th grade. A drop-in program means during hours of operation students are served on a first-come first-serve basis up to the program’s capacity limit. During the program, students will have time to complete individual distance learning tasks while being supervised (assistance will be given as necessary), as well as opportunities and activities related to social, play, skill building, and spiritual growth will be provided. We are excited and look forward to operating in this new capacity to help meet the needs of students and families in our area.
Important things to know:
- Students must be enrolled with their own district and in grades Kindergarten through 6th.
- This is a drop-in program servicing students on a first-come, first-serve basis up to program capacity.
- Hours of operation are 7:30am – 4pm
- The cost is a daily rate of $30 to be paid each day the student attends.
- Students will need to bring their own technology or devices and tasks to be completed during distance learning times.
- Students will need to bring a packed lunch.
- Masks or face coverings must be worn by all upon entering the building.
Please review our policies and procedures before completing the Student Contact Information form.
Frequently Asked Questions
The Student Support Program is for students in Kindergarten through 6th grade. Students must be enrolled with their home school districts and may attend this program on their virtual or distance learning days. Days may range from 1-5 days a week, as determined by their individual school district.
During hours of operation, students are served on a first-come first-served basis, up to the program’s student capacity limit. Maximum capacity for this program is 195 total students per day, but may be reduced at any time, subject to staffing support available. Parents will not be able to enroll or pre-register students in advance.
To expedite check-in, all required forms will be made available, and are recommended to be completed prior to arriving at The Chapel. Forms can be located at https://thechapel.com/student-support/
The Student Support Program will be operating at the CrossPoint Campus. The address is 500 CrossPoint Parkway, Getzville, NY 14068. (716.631.2636)
All drop-offs and pick-ups will be done on the North side of The Chapel, adjacent to Interstate I-990. Once you have reached CrossPoint Parkway, there will be plenty of directional signage guiding traffic.
The daily rate for participation is $30 per day, per student, regardless of the number of hours a child attends. Families with multiple students will be offered a reduced rate of $25, per additional child.
Forms of payment include: Cash, Check, or Credit Card. Please note: Due to our First-come, First-Served Drop-In policy, families are unable to pre-pay for future dates.
7:30am – 4:00pm, Monday through Friday. Drop-off will begin promptly at 7:30am. Students must be picked up from the program, no later than 4:00pm each day. A late fee will be charged if a parent arrives after 4:00pm. Please plan accordingly!
Students may be dropped off and picked up at any time during the day, until our maximum student capacity is reached. We anticipate that the majority of students will be dropped off between 7:30am-9:30am and pick-up between 3:00pm-4:00pm.
Each student will need to bring the following supplies each day that they attend the program:
- All required learning materials.
- All “Technology” necessary to complete assigned activities and distance learning tasks. All technology must be FULLY CHARGED upon arrival.
- A packed lunch, including beverages, and an afternoon snack, if desired.
- When necessary, lunch/snack items are available for purchase in Stir Café, located in The Chapel’s atrium.
- Complimentary snacks will not be distributed to students.
- If your child has any significant food allergies that require adult monitoring/intervention, please alert our Staff upon Drop-Off.
- Any preferred personal activities*. (Music with earphones, personal gaming device, books, Legos, art supplies, or similar) * Please note that personal activities such as Dolls, Action Figures or anything “cloth”, or similar toys will not be permitted. Permitted items are at the discretion of the Student Support Program Staff.
While under supervision, Students will be given time to complete distance learning tasks, as assigned. Assistance will be given upon request and as deemed necessary.
Activities related to social and spiritual growth will also be provided.
If a student chooses to NOT participate in guided activities, he/she is welcome to entertain themselves with quiet individual activities brought from home.
The program will follow NYS COVID-19 Childcare guidelines, in addition to The Chapel’s best practices for policies, procedures, safety, and security.
Parents and Students will be required to wear a face covering upon entering/leaving the building. After checking-in, students will be given the option to remove face coverings once in his/her assigned area and cohort. Students will be asked to wear face coverings when deemed necessary throughout the day, based on specific activities.
The Chapel’s website: thechapel.com/studentsupport
On Facebook: thechapel.com/studentsupportfbgroup
Yes! There will be space designated for parents to work remotely with complimentary internet access. Stir Café will also be open for your convenience, serving a variety of snack and beverage options.
If you would like more information on getting involved with the program or volunteering, please email Kara Klump at send a message
You may contact Kara Klump, Student Support Program Director
email: send a message