Family Ministry Coordinator - Crosspoint
I. Summary of Position
This position provides direct oversight to Family Ministry, including the ability to ensure orthodoxy in all teaching and training, care of Campus families, engagement with Campus initiatives, empowerment of volunteer leaders, partnership with parents, and creation of fun and engaging environments for Sunday morning children ministry and Wednesday evening student programming, volunteer coordination, supervision and communication.
II. Principal Accountabilities
1. Ensure Parents and Children See Jesus Through All of Scripture – using relationships, gatherings, resourcing, and envisioning to help ensure the discipleship making process of the family, both parent and child.
2. Partner with Parents - strategically think about the care and discipleship of the Campus Families. Working with the Campus Pastor – and the broader Campus team as appropriate – to develop a plan and execute the discipleship of children within each ministry, and strengthening the family unit.
3. Church and Campus integration - work alongside Campus team to support in events and initiatives creating ways for Family Ministry to connect and align to these events and initiatives. Help contextualize ministry within the community that the campus exists within.
4. Create Fun and Engaging Environments - Provide ministry leadership and program coordination for children and student ministries: including all areas of Large Group, Worship, Small Groups, and parent/family support.
5. Fuel an Empowered Leader Culture - create a relationally-centered environment amongst the volunteer team which includes recruitment, scheduling, shepherding, and counsel as needed. Leading volunteers to empower them into Kingdom work and activity. Spending an inordinate amount of time on investment, development, and empowerment of leaders
6. Be all in to support in Chapel-wide initiatives that extend beyond the boundaries of any one campus.
7. Help in multi-campus support as it relates to Family Ministry. Areas include: family database, volunteer processing, volunteer and team communication.
8. Promote an environment that supports and reflects the mission of The Chapel in ensuring every man, woman and child within our circle of accountability have repeated opportunities to hear and see the gospel of Jesus Christ.
9. Promote an environment that supports and reflects the staff culture of The Chapel: seek God as priority; think others first; choose trust; stay healthy; grow together.
10. Maintain internal control standards for compliance, operational risk, regulatory standards, policies and practices; report issues and operational loss events to senior leadership and/or governance board, where appropriate. Abide by human resources and other Chapel policies in support of an ethical, respectful and God-honoring work environment.
11. Complete other responsibilities as assigned.
III. Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
This position requires an individual with:
1. Minimum of three (3) years proven ministry coordination experience in a church environment or equivalent experience.
2. Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in religious studies, ministry, education, business, communications, related field or equivalent experience.
3. Organizational and managerial skills to coordinate and manage volunteers, information and environments.
4. Leadership and people skills to train/equip and inspire/encourage. Ability to work well with a diverse group of people, including children and parents.
5. Proven faithfulness to Christ in use of time, talent and treasures; meets all biblical requirements of a leader and influencer within the church body.
6. Strong interpersonal and written communication skills. Well-developed verbal communication skills. Ability to influence and lead in team environments as well as address and resolve conflict where appropriate.
IV. Quantitative Dimensions
Budget Responsibility: N/A
# Direct Reports: 1
# Indirect Reports: 0
# Volunteers: 100 +
V. Additional Information
Schedule will need to be flexible and adjusted for special events and other needs of the ministry as determined by the Community Team Leader.
This job includes some central specific support as deemed necessary by Community Team Leader and Children’s Ministry Resource Director.
Our Team Values
Our values as a team are directly aligned to our spiritual formation as disciples and the same expectations we have for the congregation we serve:
Intimacy with God – we will seek God daily for wisdom, guidance and alignment to His mission in our heads, hearts and hands.
Christ-like Relationships – we rely on God’s Spirit in each of us to live a life characterized by integrity, discipline and generosity.
Spiritual Gifts – we will serve the congregation, greater body of Christ and community that God has placed us in through modeling trust, humility, forgiveness and believing the best in and for others. We will actively seek to release/align team members into greater levels of their giftedness as the Spirit of God reveals and empowers.
Grace Story – we look to bring God glory in all that we say and do by continually preaching the Gospel to ourselves as we value the individual stories of each person that makes up our team.
Growing as a disciple of Christ will impact how we work together as a team - it influences our behaviors.
We believe these behaviors represent our best hope and expectation for our team in creating and sustaining a God-honoring work environment and culture that will not only produce the best results but help us to effectively and efficiently achieve our mission.
The Chapel provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.