IT Support Technician
This position is actively involved in assisting the IT Staff in maintaining the network infrastructure as well as providing support for employee computing resources at all campus locations.
Pay Range: $18-21/hr
FLSA: Non-Exempt (hourly)
- Provide workstation and networked device technical support for all campuses/sites for all operating systems, software and platforms that are currently in use in the organization on ministry-owned/controlled devices.
- Assist in implementation of network infrastructure devices and connectivity at all campus locations.
- Responsible for procurement, keeping accurate inventory of, and distribution of computer components, laptops and peripherals.
- Provide organizational training and documentation for existing systems, and when rolling out new technologies or enhancing use of current tools.
- Promote an environment that supports and reflects the mission of The Chapel in ensuring every man, woman and child within our circle of accountability have repeated opportunities to hear and see the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Maintain internal control standards for compliance, operational risk, regulatory standards, policies and practices; report issues and operational loss events to senior leadership and/or governance board, where appropriate. Abide by human resources and other Chapel policies in support of an ethical, respectful and God-honoring work environment.
- Complete other responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
This position requires an individual with:
- Personally-driven IT experience or documented experience performing IT work at an organization that demonstrates core competencies needed to fulfill the support role.
- Minimum of an associate’s degree in computer science, information technology, business management, or equivalent work experience, or majority of coursework completed while actively obtaining degree.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, meet deadlines and have strong troubleshooting skill. A desire to assist, learn quickly, and adapt as the pace and direction of the ministry grows and changes.
- Proven faithfulness to Christ in use of time, talent and treasures; meets all biblical requirements of a leader and influencer within the church body.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills. Well-developed verbal communication skills. Ability to influence and lead in team environments as well as address and resolve conflict where appropriate.
Position Requirements and Working Conditions
|Ascending or descending stairs and the like.||O|
|Remaining in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods.||C|
|Moving about to accomplish tasks.||O|
|Communicating with others to exchange information.||C|
|Repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers.||C|
|Travel to meet with various stakeholders.||N|
|Assess risk, detect risk factors for site safety purposes through being aware of surrounding environment, individuals, noises, observations, etc.||O|
|Outdoor elements such asa precipitation and wind.||N|
|Small and/or enclosed spaces.||N|
|No adverse environmental conditions expected.||C|
|Sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing.||C|
|Light work that includes moving objects up to 20 pounds.||O|
|Medium work that includes moving objects up to 50 pounds.||O|
|Heavy work that includes moving objects up to 100 pounds or more.||N|
The Chapel is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, citizenship, pregnancy, military status, marital status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Accessibility Accommodation Statement:
The Chapel complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants. In an effort to be consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and NY State Legislation, it is the policy of the Chapel to provide reasonable accommodation when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with a disability, unless such accommodation would cause an undue hardship. The policy regarding requests for reasonable accommodation applies to all aspects of employment, including the application process. If reasonable accommodation is needed, please contact the Human Resources department at 716.250.5078, or at firstname.lastname@example.org.