1. Help maintain accurate accounting records by preparing, processing, and posting physical (cash and
check) and online (credit card and ACH) receipts and related deposits, payroll entries, and other journal
entries as needed.
2. Utilize payroll system to maintain and process payroll data. This includes ongoing personnel updates as
received by the Administrative Director, the preparation and processing of payroll on a bi-weekly basis,
and year-end employee reporting (i.e. W-2 reporting, ACA reporting, etc.).
3. Work with the Controller to ensure employee benefit information, and related deductions, are properly
calculated and maintained within the payroll system. Coordinate and ensure accurate ACA reporting.
4. Participate in the monthly financial close, including bank reconciliations, journal entry processing, and
general ledger account activity review to ensure financial statement accuracy and adherence to
accounting policies as required.
5. Manage corporate credit card administration including issuing new cards, maintaining user agreement
documents, responding to employee inquiries, and providing central cards as necessary; ensure proper
transaction recording to the GL and documentation requirement completion and maintenance (i.e. POs,
6. Process, organize, and maintain preschool files, including invoicing and payment receipts, annual
registration paperwork, and monthly statement detail, as necessary.
7. Open and sort mail received in the finance department daily. Contribute to overall organization by
effectively filing and sorting finance documents.
8. Calculate and file quarterly sales tax information with New York State, and in accordance with applicable
9. Calculate and file quarterly highway use tax (HUT) with New York State, and in accordance with governing
law; work with Security team and W&CA team to ensure proper and timely mileage reporting.
10. Assist the Controller in the annual preparation of financial statements, related audit procedures, and in
the annual budgeting process including generation of reports, disbursement and coordination of
information, and consolidation.
11. Promote an environment that supports and reflects the mission of The Chapel in ensuring every man,
woman and child within our circle of accountability have repeated opportunities to hear and see the gospel
of Jesus Christ.
13. Maintain internal control standards for compliance, operational risk, regulatory standards, policies and
practices; report issues and operational loss events to senior leadership and/or governance board, where
appropriate. Abide by human resources and other Chapel policies in support of an ethical, respectful and
God-honoring work environment.
14. Complete other responsibilities as assigned