Community Group Study Notes
- Have someone in your group give a brief recap of Sunday’s message, highlighting the primary Scripture points and the main idea of the message.
- How did this message strengthen and/or correct your previous ideas about identity? Did you learn anything new about God or yourself this week?
- What do you think of when you hear the word “image”? How do you typically respond when someone asks, “who are you?”
- What part of your identity changed most when you became a Christian?
- Do you feel like you are a new creation in Christ? Do you live your life reflecting the image of God?
- Have you let Jesus fix all the broken areas of your life? Are there any areas of your life you haven’t allowed Him to fix?
- Have you ever struggled with rejection or not fitting in? How does knowing that God accepts you and loves you make you feel when facing rejection?
- Read Galatians 5:22-23. In what ways are you representing God well to your family, friends, and coworkers? In what areas do you need the Holy Spirit to help you demonstrate fruit of the Spirit?
- What action step do you need to take in response to this week’s message? How can your group hold you accountable to this step?
Spend time in reflection and prayer. Use the following prompts to guide your reflection:
- Are you finding your value in Christ? Or are you finding your value in other people or things?
- How can you represent the glory and goodness of God this week? Be specific.
After spending time in reflection, write down a prayer to God. Begin your prayer with this statement:
God, I find my value in you. I choose to reflect your image. Help me to represent you…