Community Group Study Notes
- Have someone in your group give a brief recap of Sunday’s message, highlighting the primary Scripture points and the main idea of the message.
- How did this message strengthen and/or correct your previous ideas about identity? Did you learn anything new about God or yourself this week?
- Most Americans believe they are “their own.” How does this influence faith in God? How does this influence relationships with others?
- Reflect on the Uncivil War Series from this past year. Why is the fight against self-love so important?
- Read 1 Corinthians 6:13-14. In what ways can we honor God with our bodies?
- Reflect on the past 2 weeks. Have you been honoring God with your body?
- Consider recent decisions or decisions you’ve made in the past. What was your decision-making process? Did you honor God with your decision making? How?
- How do you spend your time? Reflect on this past week’s schedule. How much of the schedule reflects your own pursuits and how much reflects your desire to honor God?
- What action step do you need to take in response to this week’s message? How can your group hold you accountable to this step?
Whose we are shapes who we are. Read 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 then spend time in reflection and prayer. Consider these following reflection prompts:
- Are you honoring God with your body?
- Are you honoring God with your time?
- Are you honoring God with your assets?
- Are you honoring God with your decisions?
After spending time in reflection, write down a prayer to God. Begin your prayer with this statement:
God, I am yours and want to honor you with all that I am, have, and do. I repent of my lack of obedience in…